Pick up in store only.
Shaft Length: Sail Pro 25” (20″ long shaft available)
Starter Type: Manual
Tilt & Trim: Manual
Fuel System: Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG)
Thanks to Tohatsu’s 5hp Propane / Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) outboard, sailors are no longer forced to carry gasoline on board. The 5hp LPG comes equipped with a fuel line that will connect to any standard North American propane tank. Our innovative LPG outboard will run for a full 5 hours at WOT on a single 11lb propane tank, without sacrificing performance.
Tohatsu’s Propane outboard is equipped with a Safety Fuel Shut Off Valve which keeps propane fuel from continuously flowing when the engine is not in use. Plus, since the 5hp LPG does not require ethanol or gas, this propane outboard requires almost zero maintenance on fuel related components. We offer a 25” shaft SailPro model which includes a 12V 60W 5A charging system and high thrust prop. What sailor doesn’t want a virtually maintenance free engine that has their back?
This portable best-seller has been upgraded with newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products with ergonomically designed front and back carrying handles.
In addition, you can now store your engine in 3 different positions without worrying about oil spillage.
*Please refer to Owner's Manual for storage and transportation guidelines.
Tohatsu 5hp Propane 4-Stroke Benefits
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- Sailors are no longer forced to carry gasoline on board
- No possibility of ethanol/gasoline related failures
- Virtually maintenance free fuel system
- 30% cleaner emissions*
- Quieter operations without compromising engine performance
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about oil spill
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Newly designed Tohatsu’s unique front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- A larger recoil reel and compression release valve makes starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive and 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- Optional steering lock kit available
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Aluminum rubber hub propeller for quieter operation, less vibration and better performance
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Exclusive Fuel Safety Shut Off Valve
*Pick up in store only*